Aim of the project
The renovation of the main building of the National Library is aimed at reducing heating energy consumption, improving energy efficiency and installing energy saving measures that would increase the quality of the indoor environment for both staff and visitors.
Tasks of the project
1. Conduct a building energy audit.
2. Improve the condition of the building partitioning structures (installing floor insulation in the basement and on the ground floor, and exterior door replacement)
3. Modernize the energy systems of the building (heating system renovation; installation of heat recovery ventilation; lighting system renovation).
July 2012–September 2015
Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania
Project funding source, value (EUR)
EU structural assistance 2007–2013
"Renovation of Public Buildings at the National Level", instrument under the cohesion promotion action programme "Environment and Sustainable Development".
Introduction of the project
1. The renovation included the following energy-saving measures: exterior door replacement; installation of floor insulation in the basement and on the ground floor; renovation of the heating system (with a heat unit) and of the hot water system; installation of the mechanical recovery ventilation system; partial renovation of the lighting system.
2. The above measures will help reduce the heating energy consumption and improve the energy efficiency of the building and increase the quality of the indoor environment for both staff and visitors.