Registration and Access
Attention! Please be informed that fines for overdue books will start accruing on the 8th of November, 2022. More ›
- All Lithuanian and foreign residents, institutions, organizations can become registered library users without any restrictions.
- For registration, personal identity document shall be presented and registration document completed at the registration desk.
- On-line registration is available via the interactive library portal ibiblioteka.lt.
- The Reader Pass (the LIBIS Patron Ticket) shall be handed out upon payment of the 3.00 EUR one-time charge. Discounts for students, pensioners, disabled etc. are provided.
- The lost Reader Pass must be renewed.
- The Reader Pass (the LIBIS Patron Ticket) shall be valid in the most of Lithuanian public libraries upon registration in them.
- The Reader Pass (the LIBIS Patron Ticket) can be received/changed/re-registered also on-line, via the interactive library portal ibiblioteka.lt.
Access to the Library
- Coats, bags and other personal belongings shall be left in the Library's locker room. Small bags may be brought into the Library on the condition that they may be searched at the entrance control.
- Security service may control personal belongings and documents the readers bring with them into and from the Library.
- The readers are supposed to use their personal Reader Pass.
The Rules for the Use of Martynas Mažvydas National Library of Lithuania (download PDF ›)